Knowing basic computer troubleshooting techniques is the key to help you fix this error. Fortunately, the methods of fixing the Windows Sockets issue are fairly easy and you can try all them one by one. The Windows Sockets problem can happen because of many reasons but you can try the fixes below.
To uninstall a program from Windows XP:
1. Navigate to the Windows start menu by clicking on the "Start" button.
2. When the Start Menu opens select "Settings", then click on "Control Panel".
3. In the Control Panel window click on the "Add or Remove Programs".
4. In the "Add or Remove Programs" window select the program you want to uninstall and click in the "Change/Remove" button.
1. Open Device Manager.
2.Follow the instructions in the preceding procedure to update drivers.
3.Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
4. If below message popped up, your driver is already the latest driver and there is no need to update.
5. If a new driver is found, please follow the instruction to install it and restart your computer.